Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Superheroes!


An odd assignment about superheroes living in an apartment building. Used the opportunity to work on some designs I already had going. :P

On the top is Haruki, an 11-year-old supervillain I've had for a few years. I'm trying to rework his design to make his powers more specific--replacing his ability to control "small things" is a small army of magical bugs. He's the Bug Prince. :) When he has his costume on I'm still going for an attitude akin to the Digimon Kaizer (squeal!!)

On the bottom is a character I just started trying to draw (although she's been present in Haruki's world since the beginning). Apparently the term for her is "octomom" or something like that--one of those ungodly large families with 20 kids who have all those reality TV shows recently.

I came up with all this during the week so she's quite subject to change. :\

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love Haruki's design!

    And to answer you're questions from my blog, I will be going to CalArts next year :) Yeah, I went to CSSSA this past year and I remember meeting you! :D

    Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to accepted student day (i live in the midwest). Hopefully, I'll be able to re-meet you next year!

    P.S. I adore you're style

    ReplyDelete